Title: Madarsa Education: Its Strength and Weakness
Author: Muhammadullah Khalili Qasmi
Publisher: Manak Publications Pvt. Ltd. Delhi & Markazul Maarif Mumbai
Pages : xvi + 212, Index, Bibliography
ISBN : 81-7827113-1
OCLC Number 61211655
LC Classification LC910.I4 Q385 2005
Price : Rs. 500 or $ 15.00
About The Book:
Madrasa Education: Its Strength and Weakness is a brilliant work done on the subject. As the book deals with the history of madrasas through ages it discusses the burning issues like fundamentalism, terrorism, syllabus and curricula of madras, the author being a madras product himself was duly able to present the reality. This is, undoubtedly, a tremendous effort of the young author that beckons a brighter future for him. The book shall stand out be a new kind of vision throwing light on madrasas from a different angle.
There was another publication from the same publishers entitled ‘Madrasa Education Framework’ by Muhammad Sajid Qasmi.
About The Author:
Muhammadullah Khalili Qasmi, Graduated from Darul Uloom Deoband in 1998 with 2nd position. He completed special Arabic literature and Islamic Jurisprudence (Mufti) courses from Darul Uloom Deoband in 1998 and 1999 respectively. Khalili started his career at Markazul Maarif Education and Research Centre (MMERC), Mumbai in 2002 as a Research Fellow and Online Mufti @ www.markazulmaarif.org. He is freelance journalist and English-Urdu-Arabic translator and editor. He can be accessed at: email@example.com
Table of Contents
I. HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF MADRASAS :
1. Education in Islam
2. Learning Places in Early Days of Islam
3. Roles of Mosques in Education
4. Mosques as Learning Places
5. Madrasas Adjacent to Mosques
6. Building of Madrasas
7. Madrasas in Islamic Spain
8. Madrasas in Ottoman Caliphate
9. Madrasas in Islamic India
10. First Madrasa in India
11. Muslim Rulers and Madrasas
12. A Question
II. FREEDOM Movement (1857) AND MADRASAS : 1. A Turning Point for Madrasa Educational Systems
2. 1857 and Madrasas
3. Educational Policy of the British Government
4. ChristianMissionaries and their Menace
5. Three Educational Movements of the Age
6. Darul Uloom Deoband
7. Why This View was not implemented?
8. Did Maulana Nanautavi Oppose Learning English?
9. Establishment of Darul Uloom Deoband
10. Maulana Nanautavi : Founder of a New Madrasa System
11. Revival of Madrasa System
12. Establishment of Madrasas on Darul Uloom Pattern
13. Aligarh Muslim University
14. Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow
15. How was the Experience of the Three Movements?
III. EDUCATION SYSTEMS THROUGH AGES :
1. Education System from Early Age of Islam
2. Four Phases of Madrasa Education Systems in India
3. Mullah Nizamuddin Lucknowi
5. Is Mullah Nizamuddin Really the Founder of Dars-e-Nizami?
6. Success of Dars-e-Nizami
7. Dars-e-Nizami & Past Educationists
8. Shah Waliullah & His Family's Educational Contribution
IV. EXISTING SYSTEM OF MADRASA EDUCATION :
1. Number of Madrasas in India
2. Number of Madrasas in Pakistan
3. Number of Madrasas in Bangladesh
4. Number of Madrasas in Nepal & Philippine
5. Madrasas in other Parts of the World
6. Darul Uloom Deoband
7. Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow
8. Jamat Islami Madrasas & Their Pattern of Teaching
9. Jamiatul Hidaya at Jaipur : A Third Type of Madrasa
10. Madrasa Education Boardsa
2. Ma'ani & Balagat
3. Inclusion of History Books
4. Inclusion of Tasawwuf Books
5. Books on Comparative Religion
6. Modern Sciences and Madrasas
7. Logic and Philosophy Books
8. Kalam & Aquaid
9. Dawrah Hadith
10. Tafseer & Madrasas
11. Madrasas Forgot Their Mission
12. Short-term Courses of Islamic Studies
VI. DIVISION BETWEEN WORLDLY AND ISLAMIC EDUCATION :
1. How This Gulf Widened?
2. Ulama and Modern Education
VII. THE MODERN SYLLABUS SYSTEM AND PROBLEMS :
1. Distinct Features of Islamic Education
2. The Status of Modern Teachers
3. Problem of Changing Syllabus Every Year
4. Shortcomings in Modern Syllabus System
5. Change of Objectives of the Education
6. Co-education in Modern Institutions
7. Modern Education : in the Eyes of Shibli, Iqbal & Others
VIII. MODERNIZATION OF MADRASAS :
1. Modernization : A Political Issue
2. Modernization Call By Scholars
3. Madrasas Reformed Their Syllabi
IX. MISCONCEPTION REGARDING MADRASA :
1. Al-Qaeda Men are not Madrasa Products
2. Indian Madrasas and Politics
3. Madrasas on Indo-Bangladesh Border
4. Madrasas on Indo-Nepal & Indo-Pak Border
5. Madrasas in Kashmir
6. Madrasas and Media
7. Madrasas can Play Peace Role
8. Difference between Indian & Pakistani Madrasas
9. Lack of Information
10. Rise in Madrasas Numbers
11. Foreign Funds
12. Change Hindu Schools First
X. ROLES OF MADRASAS IN VARIOUS Fields OF LIFE :
1. Centres to Preserve Islamic Identity
2. National Affairs
3. Promotion of Education
4. Literary and Academic Works
5. Muslim Leadership
6. Role of Madrasas in other Countries
10/22/2013 11:19:27 pm
Found this from the Weebly directory, great blog.
6/18/2014 02:07:34 pm
Really Great Article .
12/16/2015 02:45:33 pm
This is, undoubtedly, a tremendous effort of the young author that beckons a brighter future for him. The book shall stand out be a new kind of vision throwing light on madrasas from a different angle.
3/2/2016 05:16:45 am
I read this book and its give me Islamic and lovely education i love this thanks for share it .
10/5/2016 06:41:03 pm
In today's economy, finding ways to keep good employees takes some creative, out of the box, thinking. Because of the dynamics of the economics in the marketplace, giving bonuses and raises isn't always a viable option, but employees still need motivation to maintain, or even improve job performance.
8/24/2017 11:35:54 am
They can be still be useful, however just as long as you are sufficiently industrious to pay them back in time.
8/27/2017 10:42:01 pm
With this advance plan, the borrowers can have the likelihood of procuring great measure of money inside the brief term of 24 hours.
8/28/2017 11:24:35 am
Regularly these no printed material payday credits are endorsed in the blink of an eye and inside 24 hours of the advance application, the borrower can have the advance sum exchanged to his record, the subtle elements of which he should supply at the season of advance application itself.
8/28/2017 10:55:44 pm
Your first strategy ought to be to have a go at consulting with the loan specialist for an expansion. Numerous banks are very adaptable in such manner, and may work out an option installment plan for you.
9/28/2017 06:49:22 pm
information required for phd work on muslim educayion on odisha
10/4/2017 06:19:52 pm
Get a discount by using the code GETdiscount10 at the first order from https://evolutionwriters.com.
10/11/2017 12:40:35 am
No two writers think alike. Everyone is unique. For the same reason, everyone has his own manner of using language. But as far as the science of essay writing is concerned, there are some general parameters to be followed. While writing an essay, certain tips will help you to make it an excellent one.
11/8/2017 05:47:05 pm
Comments are closed.