A high-level delegation of Darul Uloom Deoband on Friday met Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh seeking his attention to the terror arrest of innocent Muslim youths. The delegation headed by Maulana Abul Qasim Nomani, vice chancellor of the seminary, demanded setting up of fast-track courts for speedy disposal of terror cases. Deoband has always condemned terrorism but also condemned arrest of innocents in the name of terrorism. Many such innocent people have been acquitted by court, “showing the reality that the related investigating agencies did not fulfill their responsibilities well, and in the events of terrorism, a special community has been targeted on pre-planned modes. Innocent people arrested like this way are still in many lock-ups and a number of them, despite having been acquitted from the courts, are yet to be released,” the delegation pointed out in the memorandum submitted to the PM.
They sought PM’s special attention to the terror arrests and demanded the government to:
Start of trials of those people who are in the prisons in accusation of terrorism in Fast Track courts and justice be given to them.
Stop the arrest of innocent people as well as curb the mindset of accusing a special community after every terror incident
Other demands made by the delegation were:
Reject the proposal to set up central madrasa board
Review the provision of Direct Tax Code and exemption of the Mosques, Madrasas, Maktabs and religious institutions from taxation as before.
Play and effective role in supporting the Palestinian cause
Exemption of madrasas from RTE
Members of the delegation:
1. (Maulana and Mufti) Abul Qasim Nomani, Darul Uloom Deoband VC and the President of All India Rabta Madaris Islamia Arabia (head of the delegation)
2. (Maulana) Rahmatullah Qasmi, member of governing body Darul Uloom Deoband (member)
3. (Maulana) Mahmood Asad Madani, Ex-MP Rajya Sabha (member)
4. (Maulana) Shaukat Ali Qasmi, General Secretary, Rabta Madaris Islamia Arabia & Lecturer, Darul Uloom Deoband (member)
5. (Maulana) Muhammad Salman Bijnori, Lecturer, Darul Uloom Deoband (member)
The satellite Markazul Ma’arif institutions declare entrance test dates for the batch—2012-14 of Diploma in English Language and Literature (DELL) course for its 5 centres across India.
The admission test will be held for these institutions:
(1) Markaz-e Islami Education & Research Centre, Ankleashwar, Gujarat
(2) Jamia Jalalia, Hojai, Assam
(3) Madrasa Sulimania Kandhla, Muzaffar Nagar UP
(4) Ma’hadul Imam Shah Waliullah Education & Research Centre, Jamia Nagar, New Delhi
(5) Markaz Tadreeb al-Duat wa al-Muallimin New Delhi
The written and oral test is to be conducted on 8-10 June 2012 in Delhi.
The Application Form is available here: