To Date: 28, Jan. 2015
Hajj Committee of India
Through: Chief Executive Officer
Hajj House, Palton Road, Mumbai - 400001
Subject: The deduction of Suadi Riyal 600/- from Hajis is unacceptable.
Hajj Committee of India has always been rendering its services to the Hajj pilgrims and taking care of all the facilities for them. This is the reason why people from all around the country contact the Committee and perform their obligation of Hajj through it. But for the last few years, there have been emerging numerous issues, causing hardships to the pilgrims which have been regular concerns for all Muslims. Similarly, there has emerged a new issue this year too.
The Hajj Committee has resolved to return only the amount of 1500 Riyals to each pilgrim as exchange money (for necessary expenses), unlike the previous years, when this amount was 2100 Riyals. The Committee has deducted an amount of 600 Riyals for the arrangement of Qurbani only.
This is true that the pilgrims face numerous problems in the process of Qurbani; they are even deceived sometimes. To solve the problems, the Committee has centralized the act of Qurbani. But, this will not solve the problem; instead, it will create some other issues. So, to tackle the problem, the Committee should adopt some amicable measures to bring changes in the system without decreasing the amount of exchange money and freedom to choose and offer the Qurbani by the Hajis themselves.
The news of deduction of 600 Riyals has caused a situation of anxiety among people and brought about the following issues:
1. To perform the duty of Hajj, a person saves every bit of his/her hard-earned money and with great difficulty he/she endeavors to perform the obligatory duty. Thus, he/she wishes to perform all the acts with his/her own hand according the Sunnah way.
2. On returning from Muzdalifah, the compulsory order of acts, according to Imam Abu Hanifa is; Stoning of the Devil, Performing the Qurbani and then Shaving of the heads. Any change in this order causes penalty of Dum and this may also create a state of confusion among the followers of different Shari’a schools of thoughts.
3. Hajj is accounted of three kinds: (1) Hajj-e Ifrad (2) Hajj-e Tamattu and (3) Hajj-e Qiran. The pilgrims intending for the Hajj-e Ifrad are not bound to offer Qurbani. Moreover, in the rest two cases, the cost of a single Qurbani Riyal 600 is too much.
The glorious Qur’an also provides ease in the matter of Qurbani. Allah says in Surah Baqara, verse No. 196:
“… But he who lacks the means shall fast for three days during Hajj, and for seven days when you return; thus they are ten in all…”
Thus, we request the Hajj Committee to nullify this amended article and continue with the facilities and freedom in the matter of Qurbani as was previously available for the pilgrims. The Committee should not bring any amendment which, in the name of added facility, may cause unnecessary constraints and eventually hardships to the pilgrims. In the case otherwise, the public anxiety and anger may emerge in the shape of a movement.
Thus, the Hajj Committee of India is hereby requested to nullify its new decision and continue with the facilities for the pilgrims.
Thanks and regards
(1) Maulana Mahmood Daryabadi, General Secretary All India Ulama Council
(2) Mr. Farid Shaikh, President Mumbai Aman Committee
(3) Maulana Mohammad Burhanuddin Qasmi, Director Markazul Ma’arif education and Research Centre (MMERC)
(4) Maulana Ejaz Kashmiri, Imam Handi Wali Masjid
(5) Dr. Azeemuddin, President Movement for Human Welfare (MHW)
7/24/2015 01:09:04 pm
Hajj ke dauran aurton ka ayyam start ho jaye to kiya karna chayye
Comments are closed.