In life there are occasions and opportunities where a person has a chance to increase in profits and rewards significantly. One such opportunity is the Blessed Month of Ramadaan, wherein rewards are multiplied enormously. This is a time where we can exert ourselves in prayers to gain nearness to Allah Ta’ala.
An exceptional prayer that can be performed in Ramadaan as well as throughout the year is Salaatut Tasbeeh, a special prayer taught to the Muslim Ummah by The Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him).
Salatut Tasbeeh is a special Salaah that carries great rewards and blessings. Hazrat Abdullah ibn Abbas (R.A) reports that Nabi (S.A.W) said to him: “O Abbas! O my uncle! Should I present to you a gift? Should I bestow something to you? Should I inform you of something greatly beneficial? Should I show you such an act which, if you render it, Allah will forgive all your sins – old and new, those committed in error and those committed deliberately, sins committed publicly or privately? The act is to perform four Rakaats (Salatut Tasbeeh) ... (after the Messenger of Allah (S.A.W) taught him the way of performing this Salaah, he said): If possible, perform this Salaah daily; if you are unable, then perform it once a week. If you are unable, then perform it once a month; if you are unable, then perform it once a year and if you are unable to do even this, then perform it at least once in a lifetime.” (Hadith-Abu Dawood)
WHEN TO PRAY:
This Salaah (namaz) is offered in four rakat at any convenient time and can be read in any part of the day and night keeping in mind the forbidden times for performing Salaah (i.e. Zawal , Sunrise and Sunset times). It is an excellent practice during the Mubarak(blessed) nights of Ramadhaan or on any other auspicious night.
The Tasbeeh(words of praise) to be recited in Salatut Tasbeeh:
“Subhan allahi wal hamdulillahi wa la ilaha illal laahu wallahu akbar”
The words “La Hawla wala Quwwata illa billahil Aliyyil Azeem” may also be added at the end of the above Tasbeeh.
· After Thana - 15 Times
· After the Surah and before Ruku - 10 Times
· In Ruku after the Tasbeeh - 10 Times
· In Qaumah (standing position after Ruku) - 10 Times
· In (first) Sajda after the Tasbeeh - 10 Times
· In Jalsa (sitting position between the two Sajdas) - 10 Times
· In (second) Sajda after the Tasbeeh - 10 Times
· The second, third and fourth Rakaats will be read in the same manner.
1. In every Rakat, the Tasbeeh will be recited 75 times totalling 300 times in the entire Salah.
2. There are also other methods of praying Salatut Tasbeeh which is correct and acceptable.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
1) Do not count loudly.
2) Do not count by holding a Bead Tasbeeh(prayer beads) or a counter in your hand.
3) You may count by pressing the fingers as a reminder. For example if you are in Ruku. You may press small finger of your right hand first for the first count, then the finger next to it for second count, then the middle finger for third count, following this method until you reach the small finger of left hand will give you an exact count of ten. Use the same method in Qiyaam, Sajdah and Jalsa.
May Allah Ta’ala accept our ibadah(worship) and grant us an elevated position in Jannah(paradise).